My kids spent the first couple of years of their lives in a small upstairs apartment that didn’t allow pets. They also didn’t allow for kids to be kids, but that is a complete other story. Trying to be good mommy when we moved into our new house a few months ago, I decided they needed a pet. I weighed the options and was dead set on getting them a dog. That all changed when I saw that first mouse! I went the very next day and we got a cat.
All was good for the first month or so. My mouse problem was gone! I was so happy! Then the house started to smell 🙁 My cat started peeing on our clothes! If you have a cat yourself you know how horrible that smell really is! I tried EVERYTHING to get the smell out of our laundry but nothing worked. Finally today I broke down and asked for advice after washing them for the 8th time. My grandmother in law told me what I needed to do and thankfully it worked! Here’s what you do when your cat decides to be a butt (and yes they do it out of spite lol).
1. Use your regular laundry detergent.
2. Add a cup of Baking Soda to the washer.
3. Add a cup of White Vinegar as well.
4. Wash your clothes on Hot (warm works too, that’s what I used)
5. If you are worried about your clothes shrinking, you might want to hang dry. I just through mine in the dryer.
That’s it! If I had know about this to begin with it would have saved me A LOT of trouble. Hopefully it will help someone else as well!