My oldest daughter’s birthday is tomorrow (Happy 14th Shannon)! Instead of making her a cake, I decided to make her a DIY Edible Arrangement. She LOVES fruit so I knew this would be a big hit – and I was right! After all, who can say no to fresh fruit? Here’s how to make it:
DIY Edible Arrangement
- Fresh pineapple
- Romaine lettuce
1. Inset your styrofoam into your basket/container
2. Drape a piece of romaine lettuce over the foam
3. Cut pineapple into 1″ thick slices (as seen above).
4. Place a flower cookie cutter on top of a pineapple slice and push
5. Use the melon baller to scoop out round balls of cantaloupe
6. Shove a skewer into the pineapple flower and part of the way into the melon ball.
7. Push your “flower” through the romaine and into the styrofoam
8. Fill in your bouquet with strawberries, grapes and more pineapple
9. Enjoy your tasty (and healthy) treat