Have you ever been to a party where they served finger sandwiches? Well, these are the ULTIMATE finger sandwiches. You don’t just get a finger, you get the whole hand! VERY cool! The best part of this Halloween recipe, is that it takes very little effort on your part. Just a few basic ingredients and you’re good to go! Here’s how to make these spooky sandwiches:
- 1 pack of frozen dinner rolls
- Cold cuts of your choice (turkey, bologna, ham, salami, etc)
- Romaine lettuce
- Cheese of your choice (cheddar, american, swiss, etc)
- Seeds for garnishing (poppy, sesame, etc)
1. Pre-heat your oven to 425.
2. Thaw the frozen dinner rolls and mash the dough together.
3. Flour a cutting board.
4. Pinch off a medium sized piece of dough and roll it in the flour. Flatten it out into a 4″ x 5″ rectangle.
5. With a sharp knife, cut strips into the dough that will act as the fingers. Four strips along the top and 1 strip along the side (the thumb).
6. Repeat step 4 & 5 until you run out of dough.
7. Placed the hands on a greased cookie sheet and cook for roughly 12 minutes. Cooking times will vary so keep an eye on them. You want them to brown slightly.
8. Melt 2 tablespoon of butter in a microwave safe bowl. Once melted, brush the butter onto the tops of the hands.
9. Sprinkle your seeds (poppy, sesame, etc) onto the tops of the hands and allow them to cook for 2 more min.