Today’s recipe was going to be a main course meal, but my toddlers woke up VERY early, snuck into the kitchen and busted ALL of my eggs all over the place. You can imagine the mess I had with 36 eggs (two 18 pack cartons) on my kitchen table and kitchen floor. It’s not an ideal thing to wake up to, that’s for sure! Thank goodness for disinfectant!
I couldn’t go without posting a recipe though so today we have a last minute Halloween drink recipe that people of all ages will love. We call this drink “Swamp Juice”. It’s quite tasty and can be made with or without alcohol. I didn’t include alcohol in this batch but after the morning I had, I was tempted LOL
- Lemonade mix to make 1 quart
- green food coloring
- red food coloring
- 1 liter cold ginger ale
- 2 liters cold seltzer
- light corn syrup
1. In a very large pitcher (or pot), combine all ingredients except the food coloring and corn syrup.
2. Once the lemonade mix is dissolved into the liquid, add the green food coloring until your desired color is achieved.
3. In a separate shallow bowl, pour a generous amount of corn syrup. Add red food coloring and mix well, until it’s blood red.
4. Using the glasses of your choice, dip the rim of the glass in the corn syrup mixture and set them down. The “blood” will start to drip down the glass.
5. Carefully pour your Swamp Juice into the bloody glasses and serve immediately.
OPTIONAL: Add a shot of vodka per glass and gently stir.